If you have an email address, you’ve probably received several HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW ____ surveys via a forward in an email. Although I don’t carve out the time to actively participate in these well meaning and often revealing inspections, I do read answers provided by close friends, especially the ones with a loving sense of humor.
Then I found a survey called HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR CHILD? in a book called How to Influence Children by Charles Schaefer. It occurred to me that this survey would be a fun way to probe relationships between parents and children. What happens after the survey is up to each individual. However, I’d love to hear back from you. And by the way, you may take this survey with your spouse or significant other – just change the players to suit. Those who post a response worth posting will receive a FREE ebook: 201 Things to Do When Children Say I’M BORED! The Checklist and Journal for Busy Families.
NOTE: You can click and then download the survey (a PDF file). I would suggest printing out two copies. Record the parent’s (spouse’s) response and the child’s response separately. Then compare side by side.
PARENT’S RESPONSE —- CHILD’S RESPONSE
1. What is your child’s favorite color?
2. What is your child most afraid of?
3. What is your child’s favorite holiday?
4. Which teacher (past or present) has your child liked the most?
5. What is your child’s favorite TV show?
6. Who is your child’s favorite friend?
7. What is your child’s favorite food?
8. What does your child want to be when he grows up?
9. What does your child daydream about the most?
10. What does your child worry about the most?
11. What was the happiest time in your child’s life?
12. With Daddy, what is this child’s favorite activity?
13. With Mommy, what is this child’s fav activity?
14. What movie has your child enjoyed the most?
15. Who is your child’s favorite relative?
16. What book has your child enjoyed the most?
17. What is your child’s fav game or toy?
18. If your child could change one things about himself/herself/ what would it be?
19. What part of your child’s physical features does he like the best about himeself?
20. What is your child’s earliest memory?
21. What one thing does your child hate to do the most?
22. If your child could have one wish, what would he wish for?
23. What is your child’s favorite number 1- 10?
24. If your child could change anything about Daddy, what would it be?
25. If your child could change anything about Mommy, what would it be?